Q. What is chemical peel?
A. Chemical Peels are great facial treatments that will significantly improve and smooth the texture of your face by removing the damaged outer layers of your skin. Chemical peels have been proven to help treat acne, wrinkles, skin spots or uneven coloring on your skin.
Q. What Conditions Do Chemical Peels Treat?
A. Chemical peels have been proven to:
- Improve the texture and appearance of skin
- Reduce lines and wrinkles under the eyes and mouth area
- Pose as anti aging and sun damage treatment of wrinkles
- treat acne scars
- Proven acne treatment
- Reduce age spots, freckles and dark spots from pregnancy also known as a condition called melasma.
Q. Is a Chemical Peel Right for Me?
A. If you are looking to improve the texture and appearance of your skin due to damage from aging, the sun, acne, acne scarring, or dark spots from pregnancy, you are a good candidate for a chemical peel.
Q. Who is NOT a Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
A. You are NOT a good candidate for a chemical peel if any of the following apply at the peel site:
- Infection or disease,
- Cut or broken skin
- Currently have an active Herpes simplex 1 sore
- If you are nursing or pregnant
- If you have taken Accutane in last 6 months
- If you currently have Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis or Rosacea.You are not a suitable candidate if you have used any of the following drugs in the last 48 hours: Retin-A, Renova, Prescription skin care products, Products that contain ascorbic acid, bleaching or skin-lightening agents, Other acid products.
Q. What is a Gylcolic Acid Chemical Peel?
A. Glycolic acid chemical peel is probably the most widely recognized chemical peeling acids there are. It is a great general type of acid. It is water soluble, and works nicely on most skin types to accelerate the turnover of skin cells, remove lesions, restore steadiness, elasticity and can help to improve the true moisturizing characteristics of the skin. But, just because it is the most popular, it does not mean it is the best acid for your skin. Please feel free to contact our esthetician at L'Amour Spa for further assistance.
Q. What is a Latic Acid Chemical Peel?
A. A Lactic Acid chemical peel is best for people who have dry skin, are treating age related imperfections like wrinkles under the eyes and around the mouth area, as well as pigmented skin types. This chemical peel can be used on a weekly basis for moisturization. (2.5pH)
Q. What is a Salicylic Chemical Peel?
A. A Salicylic chemical peel is ideal for use on heavily clogged pores and people with oily skin and acne.
Q. How Do I Prepare for a Chemical Peel?
A. Always prepare your skin for at least 2 weeks prior to utilizing a chemical peel for best results. If you are prone to hyper-pigmentation you should use the Fading Gel to help "turn-down" the melanin production in your skin. RetinA, retinol and glycolic acid based serums are all preparation products.
*A two-week preparation does not guarantee you will not have any pigmentation issues arise during your peel, but it decreases your chances considerably. L'Amour Spa Home Care Kit has everything you need to prepare the weeks before and after you perform your peel.
Please click on the links below for more information